Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct a laboratory responsible for identifying new cancer drug targets and developing accompanying compound profiling assays
- Lead or actively contribute to multi-disciplinary drug development teams including chemistry, pharmacology, medical and marketing functions
- Present scientific data at internal and external meetings, and publish findings in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Initiate and coordinate collaborations with leading academic institutions worldwide
- PhD or equivalent degree in the life sciences
- Scientific focus on the molecular mechanisms driving cancer biology
- At least three years post-doctoral experience
- Evidence of leading successful research programs with a convincing publication record in high impact journals
- Excellent team spirit, communication and presentation skills (English as a working language, basic German of advantage)
- Staff restaurant
- Pension scheme
- Additional off-days (bridge days)
- Comprehensive health promotion
- Position specific training opportunities
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60.000 gross per year/full-time).
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2017, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of nearly 18.1 billion euros. R&D expenditure, exceeding three billion euros, corresponded to 17.0 per cent of net sales.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Karima Kube.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.